Saturday, July 9, 2016

Touring the world of fitness

I started this week cat-sitting for my son and his wife. It's what moms do. Cat sit. So here I am in a fancy downtown apartment with none of my stuff, none of my usual work obligations, none of my child rearing obligations and  some loose plans to visit friend and family over the course of 10 days. And a whole lot of time on my hands in between.

So, as I am an avid Crossfitter at home, I decided that some of this free time would be well spent working out. I remarked to Coach Adam before I left that I would be going to a local gym while away and he suggested I go to a bunch.  I thought this a grand idea and commenced to searching google for Toronto affiliates.

This blog is to record my thoughts and observations of these boxes in Toronto and perhaps some day in other cities or even countries. To be clear, it's not meant as a review to criticize, ruin their reputation, rank them or judge them, but rather an observation of some different methods, style of coaching, programming (daily and weekly) as I experienced it and a celebration of like minded people who want to get fit and have fun doing it.

I wish to be positive in this and experience this community in all its variations.

I have now exhausted my clever written banter for the day and will resume tomorrow, or later, with the first gym I visited last week, which was Quantum Crossfit, followed by Crossfit 416, Academy of Lions, and Reebok Crossfit Liberty Village.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment